A while ago, my mate Robert Dick mooted assembling a list of his 10 favourite TV performances. It got me thinking, so here’s mine. What are your favourites?
* Peter Falk (Columbo in Columbo)
* Martin Freeman (Tim Canterbury in The Office)
* Tamsin Greig (Alice Chenery in Love Soup)
* Allison Janney (CJ Cregg in The West Wing)
* David Jason (Del Boy Trotter in Only Fools and Horses)
* Shelley Long (Diane Chambers in Cheers)
* James Marsters (Spike in Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
* Bob Peck (Ronald Craven in Edge of Darkness)
* Matthew Perry (Chandler Bing in Friends)
* David Suchet (Hercule Poirot in Agatha Christie’s Poirot)
Narrowing it down to 10 was tough. I didn’t have room for Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek: The Next Generation), Bradley Whitford (Danny Tripp in Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip), John Cleese (Basil Fawlty in Fawlty Towers), Terry O’Quinn (John Locke in Lost), Kirstie Alley (Rebecca Howe in Cheers), John Thaw (Morse in Inspector Morse), Hugh Fraser (Captain Hastings in Agatha Christie’s Poirot), Jason Alexander (George Costanza in Seinfeld), Dexter Fletcher (Spike Thompson in Press Gang) and others that have slipped my mind.